Saturday, May 22, 2010

Busy Weekend

Ashley and Avery
*
This new camera is too much fun! I haven't quite gotten it down pat, but I am really enjoying learning how to use this thing. I didn't have a really good reason to put that picture at the top of this post, but a sweet picture of a mama and her baby gets me every time. Anyway, on to the post! A couple of weeks ago, Alan's parents, Cathy and Gary (otherwise known as Maw and Paw) came up to visit. I am one of those lucky girls who has in-laws that I can not only tolerate, but who I would gladly welcome to move into our basement if they would show the slightest inclination of wanting to do so. So in other words, I was so excited that they were coming to visit. It was a very short trip--they got here Saturday morning and left Sunday morning--but we had a very full day and had a great time. The day started on Saturday morning when they arrived at Ashley and Matt's house. We headed over there and spent some time playing with this precious girl:
The hair hasn't calmed down a bit!
*
I feel like I can just hear her thinking, "What are you doing???"
*
Next, we went and watched Jacob play in his soccer game, which his team won. It was a beautiful day, perfect weather for the game. This is Michigan, so I had sat shivering through most of his games before this one.
I didn't get the exact moment when he scored his goal, but this is close!
*
After that, we went back to our house to rest for a bit, because Paw Avery needed a nap.
Avery and Paw
*
Next, we headed out to Jacob's basketball game.
Here he is making his move.
*
Here are Maw, Ashley and Avery.
*
This was Avery's first basketball game. With this family, it definitely won't be her last.
Maw, Jacob and Paw.
*
Jacob wasn't particularly happy because this was the first game they had lost all season.
*
After the game, we went back to our house to spend some time together. We had put a pork loin on to smoke before we left for the ballgame, so we had some good old-fashioned pulled-pork BBQ to eat for supper. Anybody that knows us knows that THIS...
...is how we feel about good pulled-pork BBQ.
*
So we sat around and ate, talked, loved on each other...
Avery with her Daddy Matt
*
...played some basketball...
Ashley
*
...loved on each other some more...
Avery and Paw
*
...ate and ate and ate, and loved each other some more.
Maw and Avery
*

Okay, okay, I know those pictures only show various people loving on Avery, but a baby is just a camera magnet and it was the first time I was around her since I got my camera. I will try to take more pictures of everyone else next time. Which I hope is soon!

No comments: