Well, it has been MONTHS since I blogged, but there are several blogs that I check at least 2 or 3 times a week. They are all friends from a long time ago--Deidre, Wendy, Christy, Traci and Leslie. There is only one of them that I still talk to regularly (Deidre), but I really enjoy reading about what is going on in their lives. One of those old (not in age!!! 30 is the new 20!) friends, Christy, tagged me to reveal 7 random things about myself. So, here goes...
1. I am a trash-tv addict. I'm not proud of it, but for as little spare time as I have, I watch A LOT of tv. I have TiVo in my kitchen, so by skipping commercials, I can usually squeeze in a one-hour tv show while I'm cooking, and a one-hour show while I'm cleaning up after supper. I say the more worthless the better--American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, Charmed was an old favorite, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and so on. I do have standards, though--you can keep "Flava Flav" and "Tila Tequila"...
2. I eat Ramen noodles for breakfast every morning. Like Christy and her ice cream, I do not miss a day. I don't know what started this addiction, but my day is shot if I don't have them.
3. I only drink Diet Mountain Dew. I do not drink anything else. If I am at a restaurant that does not serve it (as most don't), I sip on water, but I am not happy about it!
4. I am a contained slob. For anyone that reads this that has known me for a while, you know that I am a wee bit on the disorganized side. Fortunately (or unfortunately, sometimes), I married a neat freak. Therefore, to maintain a happy marriage, my mess is now confined to my car and my office. Still kind of drives him crazy, but the house is always clean.
5. I have a near phobia of balloons. How do these things not seem to scare anyone else? They absolutely FREAK ME OUT. Everybody seems to love giving Jacob balloons, and I am a nervous wreck just waiting for them to pop.
6. I am getting some serious gray hair. I dyed my hair to cover the gray for the first time a few weeks ago. I don't think I had enough yet to where most people would notice it, but if you were around me a lot you definitely would. I think the dye-job turned out pretty good, but who knows.
7. I actually love my sister now. When I was younger, my sister Susan and I pretty much couldn't stand each other. I always got along with my sister Karla, but we never had to live together since she was in college when I was born. Susan and I now live about 1400 miles away from each other, and I talk to her 3-4 times a week. I think that isn't unusual, sisters getting closer as they get older, but it is something I really appreciate.
I am now supposed to tag 7 random people. Unfortunately, the people I listed above are the only ones I know who blog, and Christy already tagged everyone but Traci. I know Traci has read my blog at least once before, but I have no idea if she still does. Plus, I know from her blog that she has been tagged before. Oh well, I am going to tag her anyway--these are always fun to read. I am a novice at this, so I don't know how to link to Traci's blog from this post. It is linked up in the right-hand corner of my page.
The way this is supposed to work, cut and paste from Christy's blog:
Link to the person who tagged you.--Post the rules in your blog entry.--Share 7 random, or weird, facts about yourself.--Tag 7 random people at the end of the post, linking to them.--Leave a comment on their blog so that they know they’ve been tagged.